Friday, April 25, 2008

In brief: I have a NEW JOB!!!

In brief: I'm FLOORED to have a new job so quickly! I applied last week, interview Monday and accepted an offer today at OrlandoJobs.com -- wow!

Brief job description: I'll be selling job opening advertising space with occasional networking/marketing responsibilities.

Brief background: My last job was...yuck! It was a cesspool of misery and I decided that I was no longer swimming! Even though living on Chris' salary alone made for a TIGHT budget (it will improve once he's fully liscensed), we decided that there were more important things in life -- like my well-being, our marraige, being able to commit to my church and have friends! My old job made everything difficult, so I quit without a new one. It's not something I would normally consider, but...I was that miserable!


Brief story on how I got the job: I found the posting on their website and while doing research on the company I discovered that they had just purchased and moved into a new building! I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to put together an office supply gift basket that included my resume. I did so and long story short -- the gift basket got me a 3 1/2 hour interview on Monday, a "you're at the top of our list" call on Wednesday and a job offer TODAY!





Brief praise: God is so good! I moved towards the things that honor Him and He provided. I am stunned at the extravagance of His goodness and grace.

1 comment:

amy heck said...

You are way too creative, Amy Med...opps, Christmas! I love it! Should you happen to come across an extra one of those job-things, let me know. I hear they're pretty cool :)