Saturday, April 12, 2008

A new blog for a new life

I used to have a Xanga account -- still do technically -- but I had opened that account to join a circle of friends or because I was in it already...whatever. I still have the friends, but the blog circle has mostly disintegrated into a few random dashes and dots. It makes blogging demotivating, to say the least. Besides, I had named the blog "juniorhighschool" off of my theory that we never really mature beyond this point. My coworkers from my last job would make a beautiful case study on said theory. Anyway, I still hold to the idea and the desire to blog, but things have changed...lots of things...so I need a new blog.

My life is to funny not to blog about! Actually, I think everyone's life is funny. If humor comes from our failures and we all fail...then I'm making all of my friends sound like colossal losers. So I'll just stick to talking about myself. As a matter of fact...

Yesterday I asked Chris to get the pump sprayer out of the shed. He did so and left it on a table outside. Later on, I went to get it to clean and fill it. I was examining the pump and the sprayer, trying to figure out how to work it -- pump in one hand, sprayer in the other. All the while I was ignoring the hose that connected the two. As I walked inside, I continued examining the parts until I was completely inside the house. That's when I noticed the gecko perched precariously on the ignored hose. What did I do? Naturally I 1) started screaming and 2) dropped everything which 3) allowed the gecko to escape, free to terrorize me at will. Me...gecko. I stood there and screamed like a little girl for at least a minute. Me...gecko. I know: I am a certified sissy.

And certifiably back in the world of blogging:)

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's certainly the Amy I remember, even if you tried to change your last name to co incognito. I have you all figured out! I'm going to randomly change my last name to be my favorite holiday so I can pretend I'm in the CIA... ha!