Monday, May 4, 2009

I am a Mad Scientist!

So, my attempt to blog every day lasted an entire day. Not impressive! In my defense, we've taken on quite a flooring project and it's taken up the bulk of my time. I'm really sore too...granted, it's mostly my legs and back that are sore, but I have a promising blister developing on my right thumb that's kept me from typing -- I'm blogging through the pain. No worries.

I still am committed though to blogging regularly and to keeping my blog (mostly) focused on my job search. What I'm looking for is so hard to define -- I really am in the process of reinventing myself. I've tried suits and stale office jobs -- not for me! What do I love to do?! I'm not able to give a full answer now, but what I know I love is being a Mad Scientist!Bulleted List

I work currently with Mad Science of Central Florida -- 5 - 10 hours a week usually. I teach science in After School Programs and sometime do Birthday Parties and School Festivals. It is so much FUN!!! I helped 150+ kids make slime at a Spring Festival last Saturday -- I could do it again next Saturday for 300+...seriously!

The job plays to my strengths as it requires:
  • Working independently
  • Teaching/Training
  • People skills!
  • Being in front of an audience
  • High level of responsibilty
  • Ability to control a crowd
  • High degree of adaptability
  • Creative thinking
  • Staying reasonably organized

So what I'm looking for is something that will balance this job out. Something that is probably a bit more professional, but still informal and that obviously, would play to my strengths.

In the meantime, the Lab is calling -- there are students somewhere who need to learn science!

No comments: